Cost and Scholarship Information
Invest in Your Future
Graphic applies to incoming Fall 2021 students
At Augustana, 100% of full time undergraduate students receive academic, talent and/or need-based financial assistance, with more than $33 million awarded in scholarships, grants, loans, and work study.
We’re committed to partnering with you and your family to make an Augustana education affordable. Start your free application for admission and scholarships.
Calculate Your AU Cost of Attendance
Augustana is Affordable
Students are often surprised at how low the net cost to attend Augustana can be thanks to the following factors:
- Augustana Scholarships and Grants: Institutional aid. 100% of full-time undergraduate students receive institutional gift aid (scholarships or grants) that do not have to be repaid. We award scholarships and grants based on academic achievement, talent (athletic, music, theatre, and art), and financial need.
- Additional Need-Based Financial Assistance. Sixty-seven percent of Augustana students qualify for federal loans, federal grants and federal work-study jobs on campus.
Augustana is a Best Value Investment
Why should you invest in an Augustana education?
- You’ll graduate in four years. Eighty-six percent of our recent graduates completed their degrees within four years. An additional year (or two) of school costs you time, money, and a missed opportunity to earn a salary.
- You’ll get a job. Augustana has a 99% job placement rate. That’s why we’re recognized as the #1 best small college in the nation for getting a job and the #2 best college (of any size) for getting a job by Zippia Recruiter.
- You’re guaranteed a high-impact experience. At AU, experiential learning is essential, not optional. Every student in good academic standing is guaranteed to participate in a signature experience, such as an internship, clinical, student teaching, creative project, undergraduate research, or study away.
- Lighter debt load. As a result of these factors of our significant scholarship opportunities and four-year graduation rate, Augustana students often graduate with total repayable loan amounts that are comparable to those of students attending public universities.
- Complete or renew the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the FAFSA
- Complete the Direct Federal Loan Agreement (MPN)
- Accept your Financial Aid Offer
- Find a scholarship/grant, outside assistance—or learn about the PACT (matching grant) program
- Report an outside scholarship
- Complete Direct Federal Loan Entrance
- Complete Exit Loan Counseling
- Consider your payment plan options
- Find a form
- Check on part-time jobs
- Get information on the Federal TEACH Grant
- Check federal loan history at studentaid.gov
- Student Pay Periods and Time Sheet Due Dates
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid
Augustana University's Codes:
- FAFSA: 003458
- ACT: 3902
- SAT: 6015
FAFSA Filing Dates:
- October 1 — the FAFSA becomes available, submit any time
- March 1 — new students are encouraged to submit their FAFSA by this date
- May 1 — for continuing students