Help, I Need An Archeologist

If you clicked on this link, chances are you have a project that requires archeological services. We can help guide you through the Section 106 process necessary to complete your project.

How do you proceed?

  • Contact ALAC by telephone, email, mail, or fax
  • Provide your contact information
  • Provide a detailed map of the project location and/or the project's specific legal location
  • Explain the nature of the project (type of project, amount of proposed ground disturbance).
  • Name the lead federal or state agency requiring the project.

How will ALAC proceed?

  • Prepare and submit a proposal that includes a cost estimate based on the map and information submitted by the client, and a proposed time schedule for completing the project fieldwork and report.
  • If the proposed cost estimate is accepted and an authorization to proceed is received, a records search will be conducted prior to the field work (survey and evaluation).
  • Complete the field work.
  • Prepare and submit a technical report. Final clearance for your project is then determined by your state’s Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) or lead agency.
  • In cases where a NRHP-eligible site is identified, mitigation may be required. This would require development of a mitigation plan and a separate, additional cost proposal.